You'll be coming back for more.
Ah, soufflés. The savory, pastry-like meal might spell “impossible” if you don’t consider yourself a pro in the kitchen. With this Clean Eating Pea and Ricotta Soufflé recipe, creating the French classic is easier than ever! Much lighter than conventional soufflé recipes, this dish features clean ingredients that won’t sabotage your healthy eating goals. Egg yolks, cheese, petite peas, and savory spices form a mouthwatering mixture poured into each ramekin. Soufflés are baked until they have risen to golden perfection.
These personalized meals boast a lovely appearance, making them an elegant treat and guaranteed hit at brunches. You’ll savor each delicious bite of this clean eating dish! With a crisp shell surrounding a warm, custardy interior, these scrumptious soufflés will have you coming back for more.
Clean Eating Pea and Ricotta Soufflé
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or olive oil spray
- 4 eggs whites and yolks separated
- 1 cup ricotta cheese part-skim
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup petite peas thawed (will be about 3/4 cup once thawed)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly coat 4 ramekins with oil. Place ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Whisk together egg yolks, ricotta, parmesan, nutmeg, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Stir in thawed peas.
- In a separate bowl, whisk or beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Carefully fold egg whites into ricotta and yolk mixture, stir just to combine. Pour an even amount of the soufflé mix into each ramekin.
- Bake until soufflés have risen and are golden, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Start checking around 23 minutes.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Hungry for more light versions of comfort food favorites? Let us know! Leave a comment in the section below about this article or anything else on the site.