Channel your inner caveman with these scrumptious coconut banana paleo cookies! Our stone-aged ancestors probably weren’t feasting on these tasty treats. However, this paleo-friendly recipe calls for nothing but 100% wholesome ingredients, all of which prehistoric people would’ve had access to.
Forget conventional cookie ingredients like white flour, butter, and refined sugar. This recipe opts for cleaner, healthier substitutes like almond meal and coconut oil to give the baked goods their delectably chewy texture and touch of sweetness.
Don’t toss out those squishy bananas sitting on your counter collecting brown spots! Overripe bananas lend moist and flavorful character to each cookie that pairs perfectly with scrumptious shredded coconut. Perfect for satisfying any sweet tooth, these paleo-friendly delights let you enjoy cookies guilt-free!
Yields: 18 servings | Serving Size: 1 cookie | Calories: 194 | Total Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 148mg | Carbohydrates: 13g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Protein: 5g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (grass-fed) unsalted butter, room temperature, (optional coconut oil)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1 overly ripe banana (1/2 cup), mashed
- 1 cup finely shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- Whisk together in a medium bowl, almond flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add walnuts and coconut, and stir into flour mixture.
- In a medium mixing bowl, using a beater, cream together butter and coconut sugar. Add egg, egg white, and vanilla, mixing until combined. Stir in mashed banana and coconut, until combined.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and stir just until incorporated. Cover and refrigerate 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using an 1-1/2 inch cookie or ice cream scoop, drop dough 2-inches apart on a large, parchment lined, cookie sheet. Bake 8 minutes and rotate cookie sheet. Bake an additional 8 minutes, or until golden and just set. Allow cookies to cool 5 minutes while still on the cookie sheet. Move cookies to a wire rack and cool completely. Continue baking cookies until all dough is used.
- Store in an airtight container up to two days. If desired, add 1 cup Paleo friendly chocolate chips when adding the walnuts.
Love the cookies? Hungry for more paleo dishes? Let us know! Leave a comment in the section below.