So maybe our stone-aged ancestors weren’t feasting on these tasty treats in particular. However, prehistoric people would have had access to the main ingredients in this paleo-friendly recipe. These soft and delicious Coconut Banana Paleo Cookies will allow you to treat yourself without straying from your clean-eating diet! With that being said, you don’t have to be on the paleo diet to enjoy these tasty morsels!
Healthy Ingredients for a Healthy Cookie!
Forget conventional cookie ingredients like white flour, butter, and refined sugar. This recipe opts for cleaner, healthier substitutes like almond meal and coconut oil to give the baked goods their delectably chewy texture and touch of sweetness.
Don’t toss out those squishy bananas sitting on your counter collecting brown spots! Overripe bananas are perfect for this recipe, lending a moist and flavorful character to each cookie that pairs perfectly with scrumptious shredded coconut. Perfect for satisfying any sweet tooth, these paleo-friendly delights let you enjoy cookies guilt-free!
Yields: 18 servings | Serving Size: 1 cookie | Calories: 194 | Total Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 148mg | Carbohydrates: 13g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Protein: 5g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (grass-fed) unsalted butter, room temperature, (optional coconut oil)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1 overly ripe banana (1/2 cup), mashed
- 1 cup finely shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- Whisk together in a medium bowl, almond flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add walnuts and coconut, and stir into flour mixture.
- In a medium mixing bowl, using a beater, cream together butter and coconut sugar. Add egg, egg white, and vanilla, mixing until combined. Stir in mashed banana and coconut, until combined.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and stir just until incorporated. Cover and refrigerate 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using an 1-1/2 inch cookie or ice cream scoop, drop dough 2-inches apart on a large, parchment lined, cookie sheet. Bake 8 minutes and rotate cookie sheet. Bake an additional 8 minutes, or until golden and just set. Allow cookies to cool 5 minutes while still on the cookie sheet. Move cookies to a wire rack and cool completely. Continue baking cookies until all dough is used.
- Store in an airtight container up to two days. If desired, add 1 cup Paleo friendly chocolate chips when adding the walnuts.
Love these coconut banana paleo cookies? If so, you might also enjoy these tasty recipes:
Hungry for more paleo dishes? If so, let us know in the comment section below. Also, be sure to follow our Pinterest page for more recipes!