Coffee CreamerLove creamer in your coffee but not all the added sugar or artificial sweeteners? This recipe is made with natural fruits and milk.
Yields: 1 cup | Serving Size: 1 Tablespoon | Calories: 23 | Total Fat: 0.3 g | Saturated Fat: 0 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 1 mg | Sodium: 6 mg | Carbohydrates: 4.6 g | Dietary Fiber: 0 g | Sugars: 4.1 g | Protein: 0.6 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 1 |
- 1 cup milk (we used regular almond, coconut or soy milk will work–no added sugar of course)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, optional almond extract
- 2/3 cup raisins OR 10 dates cut in half
- Combine milk with either raisins or dates, cover and refrigerate 24 hours. Remove raisins or dates from milk and discard, cover and keep refrigerated until ready to use. The result is some very sweet milk, perfect for that morning cup of Joe.
- If you use milk other than skim, you can also make a nice form or froth by whipping.
For details on The Sweetest Challenge, click here.