Warm seasons give everyone a reason to celebrate, especially since seasonal produce is abundantly available when summer rolls around. We’re talking fresh, flavorful foods like corn on the cob, basil, and peaches. This dessert recipe features one of summer’s most cherished fruits: nectarines. With their distinct tangy flavor and mouthwatering sweetness, nectarines deserve the spotlight!
Our Corn Bread Cake with Fresh Nectarines calls for 100% feel good ingredients like whole-wheat flour, cornmeal, honey, and plain yogurt. The best part? This tasty recipe is super easy to create and yields a lovely, eye-catching presentation! This delicious dessert is entirely guilt-free and a guaranteed crowd-pleaser.
Yields: 16 servings | Calories: 223 | Total Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 80mg | Carbohydrates: 34g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 20g | Protein: 3g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 9
- 1 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, (optional melted pure butter)
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 nectarines, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly oil an 10-inch cast iron skillet or square baking pan.
- Whisk together wet ingredients in one small bowl. Whisk together dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry and stir just until combined.
- Place 2 teaspoons coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat and add nectarines. Sauté for about 5 minutes to soften.
- Pour corncake mixture into prepared pan. Top with nectarine slices, placing in rows over the cornbread mixture..
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Love the recipe? Let us know! Leave a comment in the section below.