Fizzy and festive, this cranberry apple spritzer contains just a few ingredients: hard apple cider, cranberry juice, and lemon juice added to sparkling water. The sparkling water and lemon juice keep the drink from being too sweet or cloying, and the cranberry juice adds just a touch of tartness.
Serve the sparkler for Thanksgiving, or for the winter holidays, for a drink that pairs well with turkey, casseroles, or any of the richer dishes, offering a refreshing, light contrast to a holiday meal. Cheers!
Yields: 3 glasses | Serving size: 1 1/2 cup | Calories: 99 | Total Fat: 0 g | Saturated Fats: 0 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 23 mg | Carbohydrates: 25 g | Dietary fiber: 0 g | Sugars: 21 g | Protein: 0 g | SmartPoints: 6
- 2 cups hard cider or sparkling apple cider
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1 cup seltzer, club soda, or mineral water
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
- Whole cranberries or apple slices for garnish (optional)
- In a pitcher, combine the cranberry juice, hard cider, seltzer, and lemon juice, stirring gently to mix. Pour into wine glasses or highball glasses over ice to serve.
- Garnish with cranberries if desired (cranberries can be speared on a toothpick as pictured) or with floating apple slices.
Be the first to learn about the latest from SkinnyMs. by liking us on Facebook and following us on Pinterest. Also, subscribe to our newsletter for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
What’s your favorite healthy drink recipe? Let us know in the comments section below.