A homey soup resplendent with childhood memories.
For a homey dish resplendent with childhood memories, make our Creamy Red Pepper & Tomato Soup. With the added kick from the peppers, it’s infinitely tastier than any plain soup from a can (and made with all-natural, clean ingredients).
We’ve lovingly prepared the bell peppers and tomatoes by rolling them in olive oil, rosemary sprigs, and garlic cloves. After blending the vivid red veggies into a puree, let your creation simmer on the stove to completion. Garnish with crumbled feta cheese and crisp scallions to add the perfect finishing touch. You’ll be rewarded for the little effort it takes to cook this soup!
Creamy Red Pepper & Tomato Soup
- 2 red bell peppers stemmed, seeded, and chopped into big pieces
- 4 tomatoes vine-ripened, coarsely chopped into large pieces
- 3 garlic cloves in the peel
- 2 whole rosemary sprigs fresh
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup milk low-fat (alternatively, can use unsweetened soy or almond milk)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup scallions sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss bell peppers, tomatoes, garlic, and rosemary with the olive oil, salt, and paprika in a large bowl. Spread evenly onto a parchment-lined or nonstick baking sheet and roast for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove rosemary sprigs and garlic cloves from the sheet. Working in batches, put tomato and peppers into the blender, filling halfway each time, and pureeing the ingredients until smooth. Add the puree to a soup pot over medium-low heat. Stir in the milk to combine.
- Serve topped with crumbled cheese and scallions. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Leave us a comment about this article or anything else you’d like to see from Skinny Ms. We’d love to hear from you!