The perfect game day snack or dinner party appetizer!
This Creamy Spinach & Artichoke Dip will knock your socks off with its irresistible, gooey texture and impressive nutritional profile. Traditional dips are loaded with fat, calories, and oftentimes processed ingredients – a nutritional nightmare! This wholesome recipe calls for 100% clean ingredients that offer an array of health benefits without sacrificing taste.
The perfect game day snack or dinner party appetizer, this recipe packs incredible superfoods like artichoke hearts and chopped spinach. It relies on nonfat or low-fat Greek yogurt for creamy, buttery consistency – a low-calorie alternative to conventional sour cream. Zesty spices like cayenne and paprika add flavor and a boatload of nutrients. Serve with pita chips, chopped veggies, or whole grain bread. Yum!
Creamy Spinach & Artichoke Dip
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup onions chopped
- 3 cups baby spinach fresh, chopped and loosely packed
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts can, drained and chopped
- 2 cups Greek yogurt non-fat, plain
- 1/4 cup neufchatel cheese or low-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper or cayenne pepper (if spicier is preferred)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- Add onion to olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook for about 5 minutes until onions are softened and translucent. Add spinach and cook for about 2 minutes, until wilted.
- Push spinach to the side. Add garlic to the empty space and cook for 30 seconds, until golden. Stir back with spinach. Add artichokes, yogurt, and neufchatel or cream cheese, stirring frequently until the it's melted in the yogurt, for about 3 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper (or cayenne), paprika, and parmesan. Stir, cooking for 2 more minutes to combine.
- Serve hot with baked tortilla or whole wheat pita chips.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What recipes would you like to see on Skinny Ms.? Let us know!