This Creamy Spinach & Artichoke Dip will knock your socks off with its irresistible, gooey texture and impressive nutritional profile. Traditional dips are loaded with fat, calories, and oftentimes processed ingredients – a nutritional nightmare! This wholesome recipe calls for 100% clean ingredients that offer an array of health benefits without sacrificing taste.
The perfect game day snack or dinner party appetizer, this recipe packs incredible superfoods like artichoke hearts and chopped spinach. It relies on nonfat or low-fat Greek yogurt for creamy, buttery consistency – a low-calorie alternative to conventional sour cream. Zesty spices like cayenne and paprika add flavor and a boatload of nutrients. Serve with pita chips, chopped veggies, or whole grain bread. Yum!
Yields: 12 servings | Serving Size: 1/4 cup | Calories: 101 |Total Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 241mg | Carbohydrates: 7g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Protein: 7g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 3
- 1/4 cup neufchatel cheese or low-fat cream cheese
- 2 cups nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 3 cups loosely packed chopped fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper or cayenne pepper (if spicier is preferred)
- Add onion to olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook for about 5 minutes until onions are softened and translucent. Add spinach and cook for about 2 minutes, until wilted.
- Push spinach to the side. Add garlic to the empty space and cook for 30 seconds, until golden. Stir back with spinach. Add artichokes, yogurt, and neufchatel or cream cheese, stirring frequently until the it's melted in the yogurt, for about 3 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper (or cayenne), paprika, and parmesan. Stir, cooking for 2 more minutes to combine.
- Serve hot with baked tortilla or whole wheat pita chips.
What recipes would you like to see on SkinnyMs.? Let us know!