A low-fat, but filling, dish that tastes great, too.
Crockpots are simply magical. In a few hours, they cook easy meals that taste complex. See for yourself what makes the appliance so awesome with this recipe for Crockpot Rosemary & Garlic Cannellini Beans.
This simmering dish is the perfect comfort food for a cold day. It features chewy cannellini beans with a unique, garlicy kick. Cannellini beans top the charts when it comes to low glycemic foods. They metabolize slowly and provide you with steady energy that’ll last for hours. The rosemary adds a delicate flavor guaranteed to stimulate your taste buds. Just add the ingredients to the crockpot in the morning and come home to a warm, bubbly dinner.
Crockpot Rosemary & Garlic Cannellini Beans
- 2 cups cannellini beans presoaked
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 whole rosemary sprig fresh or 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 3 whole thyme sprigs fresh or 2 teaspoons dried thyme (optional)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Clean the beans. Pick out any debris such as stones and rinse the beans thoroughly.
- Soak the beans overnight in water in the refrigerator, uncovered. Water should rise about 2 inches higher than the beans.
- Drain the beans. Add the beans to the crockpot, along with the olive oil, herbs, bay leaf, and garlic. Add water. Make sure the water goes 2 inches above the beans.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. After about 5 to 6 hours, stir in the salt. To make beans creamier, smash some of the beans with a spoon on the side of the pan and stir. This will make the bean liquid creamier.
- Do not add the salt in the beginning.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What’s your favorite comfort food recipe? Let us know in the comments section! We’d love to hear about anything else you’d like to see on Skinny Ms.