There are few things more refreshing on a hot day than cucumbers and melon. Our Cucumber Melon Detox Drink combine these flavors along with lime and mint into a light infused water. There are so many health benefits in this drink! It flushes out toxins from our bodies, stimulates digestion, breaks down fat, and hydrates body cells.
It’s great to take with you in a sports bottle when out and about at the pool or beach, or simply to have in a pitcher in the fridge to sip on all day. You can even take it up a notch by topping it off with sparkling water.
Yields 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 31 | Total Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 21mg | Carbohydrates: 8g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Protein: 1g | SmartPoints: 1
- 1 cup cucumber with peel, cubed
- 2 cups seedless melon, (we used watermelon)
- 8 fresh mint leaves, lightly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 quarts water
- In a large juice pitcher, combine cucumber, watermelon, and mint leaves. Gently smash ingredients. Add lime juice and water.
- Allow to steep for at least one hour. Pour water through strainer into a separate bowl or juice pitcher to remove chunks.
- Pour over ice and serve.
What are your favorite detox drink recipes? Let us know in the comments!