Need a curried soup dish for your next dinner party? Or maybe you’re looking for a delicious carrot soup recipe for a healthy starter for your weeknight dinner. Either way, we’ve got you covered with this carrot and ginger soup recipe that is sure to knock your socks off. Full of sweet, spicy flavor, the earthiness of the carrots is accented with fresh ginger, and then blended into a velvety smooth soup that is sure to become a big hit.
Curried Carrot and Ginger Soup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tablespoon ginger grated
- 2 cups carrots peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 lime juice
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut or flaked
- Heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat in a large saucepan. Add the onion and ginger and cook until soft. Add the carrots, curry powder, and salt. Stir and cook for about a minute.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until carrots are very tender. Transfer the soup to a blender and puree until very smooth and add back to the pot Stir in the coconut milk and lime juice and simmer on low until heated through. Serve topped with the coconut.