Spicy, coconut goodness that's sure to hit the spot
Vegetable soup can be a healthy meal, but it can get kind of boring after a while. If you’re tired of sifting through soup recipes looking for something different, then this sweet and spicy coconut vegetable soup recipe is sure to hit the spot. Made with brown rice, black beans, and an array of vegetables spiced with curry powder, this is one of those healthy soups that will stay on the top of your list. It’s also easy to make in your slow cooker, so you can start it in the morning, and come home to a delicious and healthy meal with little effort. If you want to skip the step of sautéing the veggies, you can throw everything in the slow cooker for an even easier meal.
Slow Cooker - Curried Coconut Vegetable Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil
- 2 leeks white and light green parts, sliced
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 sweet potato peeled and diced
- 12 ounces kale or spinach chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 15 ounces black beans can, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup brown rice cooked
- 1 cup lite coconut milk
- 1 lime juiced
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper fresh ground, to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the oil, followed by the leeks and celery. Cook for 4-5 minutes until soft and add the garlic. Cook for 30 seconds and add the sweet potatoes. Cook for about 2 more minutes until potatoes are slightly browned. Add the kale or spinach and the curry powder and combine until wilted. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer this mixture to your slow cooker.
- Add the black beans and vegetable broth and turn the slow cooker on low heat. Cook for 2-3 hours on low. About 15-20 minutes before serving, add the brown rice, coconut milk and lime juice. Continue to cook until flavors are combined. Taste, season with more salt and pepper if desired and serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.