This quick and easy pizza is a crowd-pleaser!
This easy flat bread pesto pizza recipe uses a quick homemade pesto that gives it a hefty dose of flavor. A little low-fat shredded mozzarella makes it feel indulgent. When choosing flatbread, select a whole wheat variety that is high in fiber and low in sugar. A fresh sliced summer tomato is the perfect addition to make a quick and flavorful meal.
Easy Flat Bread Pesto Pizza Recipe
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 whole-wheat pitas 6 inch or flatbreads
- 1 heirloom tomato small, sliced
- 1/2 cup mozzarella low-fat, shredded
- Preheat a broiler to high heat.
- Put the basil, pine nuts, garlic, cheese, and salt in a food processor. Pulse until well chopped and then drizzle in the olive oil while the machine is running. Continue processing until smooth.
- Lay the flat breads on a baking sheet. Divide the pesto mixture between the two flat breads. Top with the tomatoes and cheese, and broil until cheese is melted and lightly browned, about 4-5 minutes. Slice into wedges and serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
We’d love to hear what you thought of this Easy Flat Bread Pesto Pizza Recipe. Leave us a comment in the comments section below. If you enjoyed this pizza recipe, you may also like this Zucchini Crusted Pizza!