There's no better way to celebrate a Fall morning.
Shout out to all you fall fans and pancake lovers! Why go out to breakfast when you can whip up our Easy Pumpkin Sour Cream Pancakes yourself? These cakes are bursting with fall flavor and creamy texture. Although delicious during any season, they’re extra mouthwatering on cold wintery mornings.
The puree delivers a taste of pumpkin pie in every bite and improves digestion. As a bonus, this superfood also hooks you up with important vitamins and minerals that strengthen your immune system. So drizzle on some maple syrup, grab a fork, and get ready for a guilt-free way to enjoy thanksgiving dessert as a pumpkin pancakes breakfast.
Easy Pumpkin Sour Cream Pancakes
- 2 cups flour we used white whole-wheat
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 egg lightly whipped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil unrefined, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream low-fat, optional Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 cup pumpkin puree unsweetened, not pumpkin pie filling
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients. Whisk together dry and wet ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. The mixture should be the consistency of a thin pancake batter.
- Lightly coat a large skillet or griddle with nonstick cooking or oil. Turn to medium heat. Add 1/4 cup of pancake mix. Smooth into rounds with the back of a ladle or spoon.
- Allow the pancakes to cook for about 3 to 4 minutes until bubbles form on the surface and they are golden on the bottom, and easy to flip. Cook for an additional 3 minutes, or until golden on the bottom. Place on a plate when done and cover with a towel while the other pancakes are cooking.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt, if desired, and/or with pure maple syrup. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What’s your favorite pumpkin-flavored food? Let us know the answer and tell us about anything else you’d like to see on Skinny Ms.