Let the flavor of shrimp shine.
This light shrimp dish relies only on the flavor of fresh shrimp, with just a handful of garlic, sesame seeds, and chives to add a few subtle layers of taste. Shrimp is a lean protein that’s easy to prepare, and this recipe is so easy on the prep, you’ll be sure to add it to your regular dinnertime repertoire. Pair with a side of brown rice or a small salad, and you have a healthy, refreshing, and simple meal that you and your loved ones will enjoy.
Easy Shrimp Sautè
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp shelled and deveined, (leaving the heads on is optional)
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- sesame seeds white or black
- chives chopped finely
- Over low-medium heat, in small skillet, toast the sesame seeds then set aside.
- Over medium heat, in a large saucepan with extra virgin olive oil, toast the garlic until golden brown then discard them
- Add the shrimp, moving them carefully so that the heads stay attached. Brown both sides. Don't overcook. Depending on the size, cook them between 4 - 6 minutes each side on the average.
- Season with salt and pepper when almost cooked.
- After turning off the fire, sprinkle the sesame seeds and chives then drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- Serve hot with salad or steamed white rice.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.