If you love enchiladas from your favorite local Mexican restaurant, you’re about to fall deeply in love with this simple recipe. Full of incredible flavor, but none of the naughty stuff, this dish is perfection!
You can make this recipe in those frantic minutes before dinner, because it’s simple and fuss free. Just brown, sprinkle, cover for a simmer while you set the table, then serve! One dish delish and full of flavors everyone already loves!
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe | Calories: 528 | Total Fat: 26 g | Saturated Fat: 10 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 100 mg | Sodium: 235 mg | Carbohydrates: 47 g | Dietary Fiber: 13 g | Sugars: 6 g | Protein: 31 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 17
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey or chicken
- 1/2 purple onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 6 (6-inch) whole-grain flour tortillas, (optional white corn tortillas)
- 1 (32 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 jalapeno, finely sliced
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey, onion, and salt. Brown until turkey is fully cooked. Add drained black beans and stir to mix. Spread the turkey mixture flat, then cover with tortillas.
- In a small bowl, stir together crushed tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, garlic salt, onion powder, and vinegar. Pour over the tortillas.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, jalapenos (if desired) and green onions. Place cover on the skillet, turn the heat to medium-low, and cook until the cheese melts, about 10 minutes.
- Remove cover, and sprinkle skillet with avocado, tomatoes, lime wedges, and cilantro.
- To serve, slice into pizza-shaped pieces. Serve and enjoy!
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.