So good, you'll never believe these weren't made in your favorite Mexican restaurant.
If you love enchiladas from your favorite local Mexican restaurant, you’re about to fall deeply in love with this simple recipe. Full of incredible flavor, but none of the naughty stuff, this dish is perfection!
You can make this recipe in those frantic minutes before dinner, because it’s simple and fuss free. Just brown, sprinkle, cover for a simmer while you set the table, then serve! One dish delish and full of flavors everyone already loves!
Easy Turkey Enchilada Skillet
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey or chicken
- 1/2 purple onion finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 15 ounces black beans can, drained
- 6 whole-grain flour tortillas 6 inches, optional white corn tortillas
- 32 ounces crushed tomatoes can
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 jalapeno finely sliced
- 3 green onions finely chopped
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes finely diced
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey, onion, and salt. Brown until turkey is fully cooked. Add drained black beans and stir to mix. Spread the turkey mixture flat, then cover with tortillas.
- In a small bowl, stir together crushed tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, garlic salt, onion powder, and vinegar. Pour over the tortillas.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, jalapenos (if desired) and green onions. Place cover on the skillet, turn the heat to medium-low, and cook until the cheese melts, about 10 minutes.
- Remove cover, and sprinkle skillet with avocado, tomatoes, lime wedges, and cilantro.
- To serve, slice into pizza-shaped pieces. Serve and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.