There’s nothing like this Egg, Cheese, and Veggie Baguette for a mouthwatering, finger-lickin’ breakfast or lunch! Tasty baguette bread is toasted to crispy perfection and coated with melted cheese.
With clean, nutrient-rich greens and vitamin-rich superfoods like eggs, this sandwich packs a powerhouse of antioxidants. It delivers a healthy, satisfying balance of whole grains, veggies, and protein. The combination of robust ingredients helps curb cravings throughout your day.
This savory sandwich is best served warm. It will melt your heart after one bite!
Yields: 2 servings | Serving Size: 1 sandwich | Calories: 349 | Total Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 190mg | Sodium: 971mg | Carbohydrates: 46g | Fiber: 4g | Sugars: 6g | Protein: 16g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 11 |
- 1/2 whole wheat or whole grain baguette
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 thin slices cheddar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup loosely packed arugula
- Cut the half baguette in half once more, to form two small sub-sized rolls for two sandwiches. Brush two teaspoons olive oil on both side of the two baguettes. Place opened baguettes face down on a large nonstick skillet, cook over medium heat until crispy and lightly golden. Flip over and add cheese slices to each baguette. Allow to cook just until melted. Remove rolls and place on plate.
- Add one teaspoon olive oil to the same skillet. Over medium-low heat carefully crack in eggs. Allow to cook for about 3 minutes, until whites are firm but yolks are still a little runny.
- Add eggs and arugula to cheese covered baguettes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
What’s your favorite way to decorate a baguette? Let us know!