Add some variety to your healthy breakfast options.
It can be hard to find variety when it comes to breakfast. Our Egg and Tomato Feta Toast recipe is a little different take on eggs on toast. We’ve melted tangy feta cheese onto whole wheat bread and topped it with fresh tomato and poached eggs. If you’re in a hurry, you could always do a simple sunny-side-up egg in place of the poached, though.
This simple toast is high in protein and can easily be made into a sandwich for easy transportation when you’re on the go. Additionally, you could add spinach or avocado or any other veggies that you like to dial up the nutrients!
Egg and Tomato Feta Toast
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 eggs large
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil or butter, divided
- 2 slices whole-wheat bread or rye bread, thick cut
- 1/4 cup feta crumbles divided
- 2 tomato slices large, cut thick
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a small saucepan, heat water and vinegar. Bring to a boil and stir with a spoon to keep the water moving quickly. Carefully crack eggs into water. Remove from heat and let sit for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush one side of bread slices with oil and place oil side down in a medium skillet. Sprinkle tops of bread with feta cheese. Toast until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown on the bottom side.
- Place tomato on top of the cheese. Using a slotted spoon, carefully remove eggs from water and place on top of tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, serve and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What are some ways you change up your normal breakfast? Give us your ideas in the comments section!