DIY buffalo wings that will rival your favorite bar food!
Anyone who has tried to bake buffalo wings in the oven knows the downfalls – flabby skin with no bite, or crisp skin that is too smooth and won’t hold onto the sauce.
With this in mind, we’ve put together the best methods out there to prepare wings that are super crispy, and we’ve tossed them in our Skinny Ms. Wing Sauce. It’s a fabulous sauce that has tons of fresh, zingy flavor and zero butter.
Baking powder, dry wings, and roasting at a high temperature give these wings their extra crisp skin. Our zesty, clean eating sauce makes them one of the most flavorful wings you’ll ever have.
Extra-Crispy, Saucy Baked Buffalo Wings
- 2 pounds chicken wings whole (approx. 15), tips removed, halved into wingettes and drumettes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup Skinny Ms. Wing Sauce
- Place a wire rack on a baking sheet that has been lined with foil. Pat excess moisture from wings with paper towels so that they are very dry.
- In a large bowl, toss the wings with salt and baking powder, carefully sprinkling in a little at a time and tossing to coat each wing evenly.
- Place wings on the rack so they are not touching. There should be a little space in between each one.
- Place the tray in the fridge for 8- 12 hours, uncovered.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Cook chicken wings for 15-20 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 15-20 minutes, until the skins are golden brown and crisp.
- Meanwhile follow the directions to prepare Skinny Ms. Wing Sauce or reheat wing sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat so it is just hot, stirring frequently.
- Toss the wings with the sauce in a bowl to coat evenly. Serve with carrot and celery sticks, and a side of Skinny Ms. Ranch Dip, if desired.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
You should try these chicken recipes:
What did you think of these baked buffalo wings? Clean eating does not have to be difficult; it can be easy, fun, and delicious! For more tasty and healthy recipes, like us on Facebook, and follow us Pinterest.