This is one of our favorite easy chicken recipes. Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken its light and has a lemony flavor that makes it perfect for anytime of the year! This recipe calls for boneless chicken thighs, fresh squeezed lemon, olives, and a winning combination of flavorful spices. As one of the best chicken recipes out there, Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken has a nice, robust lemon flavor that blends well with the olives for a vibrant dish that will have your taste buds singing.
Yields: 12 servings | Calories: 275 | Total Fat: 12 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 182 mg | Sodium: 329 mg | Carbohydrates: 2 g | Dietary Fiber: 0 g | Sugars: 1 g | Protein: 39 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 6
- 12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lemon, sliced (optional)
- 1 cup chicken broth (fat free, low sodium)
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup flour, optional corn starch
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ cup pitted green olives
- Sprinkle chicken thighs evenly with salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add half of chicken. Cook about 3 minutes per side, or until browned. Transfer to a slow cooker. Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to skillet, and repeat procedure with remaining chicken.
- Combine broth, juice, flour and cumin, stirring with a whisk. Pour broth mixture over chicken.
- Top with olives and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours. Add lemon slices as a garnish to serve, if using.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite recipe from SkinnyMs.? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.