This is one of our favorite easy chicken recipes from contributed by eMeals. Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken its light and has a lemony flavor that makes it perfect for anytime of the year! This recipe calls for boneless chicken thighs, fresh squeezed lemon, olives, and a winning combination of flavorful spices. As one of the best chicken recipes out there, Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken has a nice, robust lemon flavor that blends well with the olives for a vibrant dish that will have your taste buds singing.
It’s not always easy to incorporate an eating plan that is nutritious, satisfying, and doesn’t break the bank. Take the stress out of meal planning with eMeals Clean Eating Meal Plans– the perfect way to implement a healthy menu and slash grocery bills. Get 15% off with the CODE: SKINNY.
Yields: 12 servings | Calories: 275 | Total Fat: 12 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 182 mg | Sodium: 329 mg | Carbohydrates: 2 g | Dietary Fiber: 0 g | Sugars: 1 g | Protein: 39 g | SmartPoints: 6
- 12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lemon, sliced (optional)
- 1 cup chicken broth (fat free, low sodium)
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup flour, optional corn starch
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ cup pitted green olives
- Sprinkle chicken thighs evenly with salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add half of chicken. Cook about 3 minutes per side, or until browned. Transfer to a slow cooker. Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to skillet, and repeat procedure with remaining chicken.
- Combine broth, juice, flour and cumin, stirring with a whisk. Pour broth mixture over chicken.
- Top with olives and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours. Add lemon slices as a garnish to serve, if using.
Meal planning just got easier! Take the stress out of planning healthy meals your family will love. Try eMeals!
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite recipe from SkinnyMs.? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.