This is the perfect fall pizza!
This is a guest recipe from the Lauren, creator of the blog Say What You Need to Say. She speaks words of healthy inspiration through food, fitness & everything in between.
Fall is in the air.
Let’s be honest, the only real reason we are all so quick to jump on board with cooler weather is the idea of comfort food right? I’m talking big slow cookers filled with spicy chili, baked pastas and of course, anything pumpkin affiliated.
All summer long, I took to the method of grilling just about every meal and recently discovered my deep infatuation with grilled Naan pizza. It was the perfect concept, pour a glass of wine, throw a pizza on the grill, and sit back for a few minutes while the crust perfectly charred on the Weber.
Well, pizza isn’t exactly a fall-like food…or is it? It is now!
What’s so great about pizza is that it can be a blank canvas and transform to please any season.
This Fall Harvest Pizza combines one of my favorite fall vegetables, butternut squash, along with smoky eggplant and sweet roasted beets, all topped with creamy goat cheese. This was my first time at trying beets on a pizza and I must say, it was quite a pleasant discovery.
I may not be breaking out my slow cooker just yet, but I’m slowly working my way into comfort food, proving that pizza is one meal I can enjoy just about any time of year.
Fall Harvest Pizza
- 1 whole wheat naan bread
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup butternut squash cubed 1-inch
- 1/2 cup eggplant cubed 1-inch
- 1/2 cup beets roasted, cubed 1-inch
- 2 ounce goat cheese crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degree.
- Coat squash and eggplant with cooking spray, salt, pepper and dried rosemary. Bake for 30 min or until tender.
- Once the vegetables are roasted, prepare your pizza. Spread marinara over Naan.
- Top with roasted vegetables and beets.
- Crumbled goat cheese on top and bake for 10-12 minutes or until crust begins to brown and cheese is melted. Cut into 4 slices and serve!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms