Delicious, filling, low-calorie, and easy-to-clean! Does it get any better?
What’s the best thing about this Foil Baked Chicken and Broccoli? There’s a three-way tie between how delicious it is, how healthy it is, and how easy it is to clean up! You don’t need the stovetop for this filling, nutrient-packed dinner. Plus, the only dish you will need to use is a baking sheet to put the foil packets on.
Unlike other chicken and broccoli recipes, ours requires no oil, butter or any other ingredients that typically increase the fat or calorie count. Instead, a simple mix of spices creates tons of flavor and you get your veggies and meat in one easy packet. What could be better?
Foil Baked Chicken and Broccoli
- 1 head broccoli cut into medium florets
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 1.5 pounds boneless and skinless chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt more or less to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray two large sheets of foil with nonstick spray leaving space around the edges to roll.
- Place half the broccoli in the center of each piece and drizzle the water over top. On top of the broccoli, places the chicken pieces and season with remaining ingredients.
- Carefully fold the edges of the foil over the chicken and broccoli and place on a baking sheet. Bake 30 to 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Before opening, cut a slit into each packet to allow steam to release. Unfold and serve!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Adapted from Kraft.
What else do you look to cook in foil? We’d love to hear from you! Leave your ideas in the comments!