What’s the best thing about this Foil Baked Chicken and Broccoli? There’s a three-way tie between how delicious it is, how healthy it is, and how easy it is to clean up! You don’t need the stovetop for this filling, nutrient-packed dinner. Plus, the only dish you will need to use is a baking sheet to put the foil packets on.
Unlike other chicken and broccoli recipes, ours requires no oil, butter or any other ingredients that typically increase the fat or calorie count. Instead, a simple mix of spices creates tons of flavor and you get your veggies and meat in one easy packet. What could be better?
Yields: 2 servings | Calories: 292 | Total Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 181mg | Carbohydrates: 22g | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 5g | Protein: 25g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8
- 1 head broccoli, top cut into medium florets
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 boneless and skinless free-range chicken breast
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly spray two large pieces of foil with nonstick spray. Leaving space around the edges to roll later, place half the broccoli on each piece. Drizzle two tablespoons of water on each pile of broccoli.
- On top of the broccoli, place chicken breast. Sprinkle remaining ingredients on top of chicken.
- Carefully fold in sides of foil sheet to cover chicken, and place on cookie sheet. Bake 15 to 20 minutes until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F and no pink remains.
- Before unfolding foil, carefully cut slits into the pack to release steam. Once steam has been released, unfold and enjoy!
Adapted from Kraft.
What else do you look to cook in foil? We’d love to hear from you! Leave your ideas in the comments!