Eggs are one of our favorite superfoods, both high in protein and in omega-3 fatty acids. This frittata makes great use of the versatile egg by adding sharp, scrumptious Parmesan, and Parmesan’s best companion, antioxidant-rich tomato! Add spaghetti for a fun mealtime flair, and you’ve got a breakfast dish that’s a crowd-pleaser, and will keep you feeling energized all day long.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe | Calories: 221 | Total Fat: 10 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 168 mg | Sodium: mg | Carbohydrates: 21 g | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 1 g | Protein: 12 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 7
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan or any cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (or about 3 turns of a pepper grinder)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup broken spaghetti (break into fourths before measuring)
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- Bring a pot of water to boil, add a sprinkle of salt, then add broken spaghetti. Cook according to directions on package, drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, Parmesan, salt, and pepper together.
- Over medium heat, in a saucepan with oil, sautè the spaghetti along with the marinara. Pour the egg mixture in the saucepan, swirling well to make sure that it covers the spaghetti.
- Cover and cook on low heat until the bottom part slides easily, about 4 - minutes.
- Flip over and cook the other side of the frittata, just until set, about 3 minutes. Use a plate to help filp if needed.
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.