Enjoy a restaurant-quality salmon dish at home with our Glazed Salmon with Seasonal Vegetables. Rich in omega-3’s, salmon is an excellent staple to incorporate into our weekly meal planning. And you don’t have to douse your filet in fatty beurre blancs or sugary glazes to get the flavor you crave. A little honey adds sweetness, and ginger and jalapeño spice up your meal! You can use yellow squash and asparagus when they’re in season, or feel free to get creative and use winter vegetables when they’re fresh.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 piece fish and 1/6 vegetables | Calories: 401 | Total Fat: 24 g | Saturated Fat: 4 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 50 mg | Sodium: 156 mg | Carbohydrates: 27 g | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 23 g | Protein: 22 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 11
- 3 (6-ounce) salmon steaks, wild preferred
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 radish
- 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil (1/4 for dressing, 1/4 for salmon)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4-cup hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeños
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar
- Dressing for the vegetables: mix Cider vinegar and Olive oil.
- For glaze- Stir honey, cilantro, hoisin sauce, ginger, jalapeños and coconut sugar in bowl to blend.
- Preheat oven or grill to 375 degrees.
- Brush salmon steaks/vegetables with oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place salmon and vegetables in/on oven/grill. Brush salmon with some of the glaze.
- Cook salmon until opaque in center, basting occasionally with remaining glaze, about 4 minutes per side.
- Cook vegetables until desired doneness.
- Toss vegetables in dressing, transfer to plate.
- Divide each salmon steak in half to create a serving. Transfer salmon steak halves to plates to serve.