Add your favorite leftovers into this frittata!
Omelettes, or frittatas, as they call them in Italy, bring everyone to the table on a weekend morning. You can add any ingredients you like to a frittata. If you have a a bit of salmon left from dinner, don’t fret. Just grab a saucepan and re-heat it with eggs. Mixed with sundried tomatoes and balsamic, this breakfast has quite a kick!
Salmon and Sun-Dried Tomato Frittata
- 4 eggs large
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 4 ounces wild-caught salmon fresh or leftovers can even work, chopped
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar no sugar or caramel color added
- 2 chives chopped, for garnish (optional)
- In a bowl, whisk the four eggs lightly then season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Over medium heat, in a saucepan with extra virgin olive oil, sauté the onions until tender, about 4 minutes. Add the salmon and cook three minutes.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and eggs. When the bottom part is cooked, flip the frittata to cook the other side. Before serving, drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Garnish with chives if using.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
More fantastic recipes for breakfast or brunch:
We’d love to hear from you so please don’t forget to leave a word or two at the comments section below!