Try this instead of take-out!
This special recipe was created by Christi Silbaugh; author of Mom, What’s For Dinner. “When I found out my daughter had Celiac Disease, which meant she could not eat any Gluten when she was 16 years old. I have always been a foodie. I love gourmet food. I love to cook from scratch, so I got busy learning how to cook for her special diet.”
Gluten Free, Grain Free Cheesy Garlic Cauliflower Bread Sticks
Bread Stick Ingredients
- 1 cup cauliflower cooked
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- marinara sauce optional for dipping
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Chop the cauliflower florets into chunks and steam them in a steamer or on the stove until slightly soft for 15 minutes. Place in a ricer or grate until a rice like consistency.
- One large head should produce approximately 3 cups of riced cauliflower. The remainder can be used to make additional pizza crusts immediately, or can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.
To Make the Bread
- Prepare your baking stone or sheet by spreading a small amount of olive oil on it and top with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup cauliflower, egg, Parmesan and Mozzarella. Add oregano, crushed garlic and garlic salt, stir.
- Transfer to the baking stone or sheet, and using your hands, pat out into a large rectangle.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Spread the minced garlic over baked cauliflower bread and top with Parmesan and Mozzarella cheeses.
- Place back in the 450 degree oven until all cheese is melted.
- Slice and Serve!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms