Fresh basil and creamy goat cheese meld beautifully in this easily prepared goat cheese dip. You can, of course, make a pesto dip with store-bought pesto, but you’ll find that it’s not nearly as flavorful as this pesto that uses goat cheese, fresh basil, garlic, and olive oil. When combined with a few toasted nuts (you can use any type you like), it’s a dip that is absolutely divine!
Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 2 tablespoons |Calories: 182| Total Fat: 16 g | Saturated Fat: 7 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 16 mg | Sodium: 98 mg | Carbohydrates: 1 g | Dietary Fiber: 0 g | Sugars: 1 g | Protein: 9 g | SmartPoints: 7
- 8 ounces soft goat cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves, optional Italian parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons extra-vrigin olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Combine the goat cheese, basil, garlic and pecans in a food processor. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and continue pulsing until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper and serve with desired accompaniments.
- Serve with whole grain crackers or artisan bread, if desired.