Bursting with fresh ingredients, this recipe makes for a delicious appetizer spread, or a quick and healthy snack component!
Fresh basil and creamy goat cheese meld beautifully in this easily prepared goat cheese dip. You can, of course, make a pesto dip with store-bought pesto, but you’ll find that it’s not nearly as flavorful as this pesto that uses goat cheese, fresh basil, garlic, and olive oil. When combined with a few toasted nuts (you can use any type you like), it’s a dip that is absolutely divine!
Goat Cheese Pesto Spread
- 8 ounces soft goat cheese at room temperature
- 2 cups basil leaves fresh, packed; optional Italian parsley
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- pepper freshly ground, to taste
- Combine the goat cheese, basil, garlic and pecans in a food processor. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and continue pulsing until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper and serve with desired accompaniments.
- Serve with whole-grain crackers or artisan bread, if desired.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms