Lemon, blueberry and lavender are a unique combination that infuse these muffins with a complex and delicious flavor. The lavender is subtle, the lemon adds a hint of citrus-y freshness and the blueberry flavor bursts in your mouth! If you have a gluten allergy or are cutting grains from your diet, these muffins will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth.
Yields: 12 servings | Serving Size: 1 muffin | Calories: 156 | Total Fat: 8 g | Saturated Fat: 6 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 82 mg | Sodium: 147 mg | Carbohydrates: 20 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 10 g | Protein: 4 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 7 |
- 1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Zest of 1 lemon
- In a small bowl, combine coconut flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and lavender.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, honey, oil, and vanilla. Blend well with whisk.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet, blending with a whisk.
- Fold in blueberries and lemon zest with a spatula.
- Pour batter evenly into a 12 cup muffin tin (greased with coconut oil or using paper liners).
- Bake at 350 F for 15 to 20 minutes. Muffins are done when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and serve!