Versatile and scrumptious, these will blow your taste buds away!
Versatile and scrumptious, these Greek-inspired chicken meatballs and yogurt dill sauce will blow your taste buds away! Full of savory flavors thanks to onions, garlic, and garnishes like parsley, this dish is just as delicious as it is healthy. Lean ground chicken packs satisfying protein into each ball without heightening the recipe’s calorie and fat content. The meatballs are chewy and moist with a slight crunch around the edges. When coated with creamy dill sauce, they’re downright irresistible. Bright lemon zest and earthy spices contribute to the sauce’s smooth, garden-fresh flavor. Our recipe uses guilt-free ingredients like low-fat Greek yogurt to give it that thick consistency.
As tasty as they are when layered with yogurt sauce and served alone, these meatballs also make an awesome addition to spaghetti dishes, soups, and sandwiches!
Greek Chicken Meatballs and Yogurt Dill Sauce
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup whole-grain panko
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/3 cup red onions finely chopped
- 1/3 cup parsley leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Greek yogurt low-fat, plain
- 1/3 cup dill finely chopped
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cucumber cut into thick slices, quartered
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup parsley or dill, chopped for garnish
- Combine all ingredients for meatballs, with the exception of olive oil, in a bowl and mix, using hands is best. Form into 18 small one-inch meatballs.
- Add oil to a large skillet over medium heat, add meatballs and cook through and brown on both sides. Meatballs may need to be made in two batches, depending on skillet size.
- Meanwhile, mix together all ingredients for sauce. Add meatballs to a platter with crumbled feta and cucumber pieces to serve. Sprinkle with fresh parsley or dill. Serve sauce on the side or spoon over meatballs.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
How do you serve meatballs? Let us know! Leave a comment in the section below about this article or anything else on the site.