The days when we enjoyed salmon exclusively as a fillet are over, and we’re kissing them goodbye. Lucky for you (and your taste buds), as one door closes, another opens. Meet our grilled salmon sliders.
That’s right – we’ve stuffed salmon in a sandwich to form hand-held, protein-packed nibbles certain to satisfy. Bursting with minerals and omega-3s, these sliders serve as a healthy hamburger alternative. They satisfy burger cravings without dragging along a guilt-ridden nutritional profile.
Salmon patties pack serious flavor when cushioned between two whole-wheat buns. Nutrient-rich ingredients like Dijon mustard, chopped parsley, and sweet onion lend bright and bold deliciousness to each juicy bite. Decorated with veggies and your choice of condiments, these scrumptious sliders are crave-worthy and a guaranteed to be hit!
Yields: 8 servings | Calories: 175 | Total Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium: 410mg | Carbohydrates: 21g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Protein: 12g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 7
- 1 (14-ounce) can wild caught salmon, (remove any bones)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup diced sweet onion
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs, optional panko
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 whole-wheat slider buns
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves, cut in thirds
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 3 red onion slices, quartered
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine salmon, egg, onion, parsley, breadcrumbs, mustard, salt, and pepper. Form into 8 small patties.
- Pour olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add salmon patties and cook until golden-brown and crispy on the outside, about 3- 4 minutes on each side.
- Place a patty on each roll and top with lettuce, tomato, and onion, or condiments of choice.
Craving more SkinnyMs. inventions? Have a dish of your own to share? Let us know! We need your feedback.