Indulge your carnivorous cravings with these juicy, low-carb burgers!
You don’t have to reserve burgers for barbecues and late night cravings. Although a cookout simply wouldn’t hold up without the classic barbeque fare, burgers also make quick and easy weeknight dinners. This Keto-Friendly Flavor-Packed Turkey Burger recipe gives traditional burgers a run for their money. With juicy, flavorful meat pan seared to perfection and topped with mouthwatering trimmings, this carb-friendly recipe tops the charts.
Barbecue Fare Gets a Healthy, Mouthwatering Makeover!
Our keto-friendly turkey burgers will satisfy even the biggest appetites, while helping you stick to your keto-based goals. The keto diet suggests an eating plan that focuses on protein and healthy fats, and deviates from carbohydrates. Healthy fats include healthy oils like olive oil and coconut oil, along with grass-fed meat and butter. These fats could also come from nuts, oily fish, and seeds. Meanwhile, proponents of the keto diet encourage people to ditch the highly processed vegetable oils and margarine.
That said, our delectable turkey burgers call for sesame oil, olive oil, and incorporate avocado strips as a topping. These nutritious ingredients fall under the keto-approved list of healthy fats, and offer a bunch of health benefits as well. Meanwhile, our burgers call for ground turkey instead of ground beef. This acts as a much leaner alternative and source of fat, when compared to conventional burger meat!
Each scrumptious patty also packs a protein punch! Clocking in at 29 grams a serving, these burgers will easily fill you up and help curb cravings.
Let’s Talk About Carbs
Conventional burgers carry carb-laden buns that, in our opinion, interrupt the authentic flavor of the meat. Our recipe swaps out hamburger buns for lettuce wraps, which saves you a boatload of empty carbs and calories. And not to mention, they look pretty, too! With these yummy turkey burgers, they taste just as drool-worthy with crunchy lettuce wraps instead of added bread. In fact, a bun would only mask the tender, juicy turkey meat flavored with Italian seasoning, onion, pepper, and garlic.
With just 11 grams of carbohydrates per serving, these hand-held treats make a brilliant burger choice when you’re following a keto diet.
How to Make Keto Friendly Turkey Burgers
These healthy, lean turkey burgers are a snap to throw together. Calling for just 15 minutes to prep and 15 minutes to cook, you’ll have yourself a flavor-packed, keto meal in just 30 minutes!
First, combine ground turkey with your spices, minced jalapeno, and yellow onion, and divide into four equal sized patties. Next, cook in a skillet of olive oil and sesame oil following the timing instructions. Meanwhile, on a flat surface, top four lettuce leaves each with slices of avocado, tomato, red onion, and jalapeno strips. Afterwards, place your four cooked patties on top and close each “sandwich” with another lettuce leaf.
So what are you waiting for? Satisfy your burger cravings without deviating from that keto lifestyle with this savory solution! Our tasty keto friendly turkey burgers make the perfect, family-approved treat any night of the week.
Keto Friendly Flavor Packed Turkey Burger
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup yellow onion minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 jalapeno pepper half minced, the other half cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 lettuce leaves large in size; romaine, butter, or iceberg lettuce are great options
- 1 avocado peeled, pit remove, cut into strips
- 1 tomato cut into sandwich sized circles
- 1/2 purple onion cut into rings
- In a large bowl combine the ground turkey, kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, yellow onion, Italian seasoning, and mince jalapeno. Mix well to combine. Form mixture into four equal sized patties.
- In a large skillet, heat the sesame and olive oils. Once hot, add the patties. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until browned. Flip and cook the second side for an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until the patty is cooked through. Remove from pan and let rest for about 5 minutes.
- While resting, place four of the lettuce leaves on a flat surface. Top with slices of avocado, tomato, red onion, and the jalapeno strips. Place the turkey burger on top and finish with a lettuce leave. Serve and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Want more tasty keto-friendly recipes? If so, be sure to check out:
- 4-Week Ketogenic Meal Plan and Shopping List
- 14 Keto Dinner Recipes for Successful Weight Loss
- 18 Best Keto Snacks We’ve Ever Tried