Veggie burgers even your meat-lover friends will gobble up!
These kale burgers are packed with vitamins and nutrients and made with an oh-so satisfying blend of seasonings that will have even your most carnivorous friends begging for seconds.
These are delicious when enjoyed the traditional way on a whole wheat bun with all the trimmings, but they’re equally good all by themselves or served on top of a salad, rice, or mashed sweet potatoes! They’re healthy and delicious no matter how you choose to eat them.
The Best Skinny Kale Burgers
Skinny Kale Burgers
- 1 bunch curly kale remove from center stem, chop into small pieces (use a food processor if available)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion diced
- 1 carrot finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs (recipe for homemade bread crumbs)
- 2 tablespoons flour (I used White Whole Wheat which is not enriched), plus more if needed
- Add 2 teaspoons oil to a medium skillet, heat to medium, sauté onion and carrots until tender, about 4 minutes. Add finely chopped kale and sauté until wilted, about 2 minutes. Add garlic, black pepper, red pepper flakes, dried thyme and salt, sauté one additional minute.
- Rinse skillet and add the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil.
- Add all ingredients to a medium mixing bowl and stir to combine. Shape into 4 patties.
- Heat skillet to medium heat, add patties and cook until browned on both sides, approximately 6 minutes per side.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Not only are these healthy kale burgers nutritional powerhouses, they’re also satisfying and delicious enough that even your meat-eating friends won’t be able to get enough of them. Make a big batch for your next barbecue, or turn them into meatless meatballs for your next Italian feast!
Have you tried these skinny kale burgers? Drop a line to let us know what you think in the comments section below!
Enjoyed this post? Check out more:
- Black Bean Mushroom Burgers
- Low-Carb Burgers with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- Quinoa Lentil Burger
- Grilled Turkey Veggie Burgers
If you’re interested in receiving our newest and best delicious and healthy recipes via email, signup here: daily eNewsletter Signup.