Clean Eating Cheesecake, a deliciously guilt-free pleasure!
Cheesecake is the ultimate indulgence. Rich, creamy, and with a crust that makes our mouths water. Many of us shy away from this decadent dessert, fearing that it will wreak havoc on our healthy eating plans. But this No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake is a treat you can say “yes” to! Made with low-fat cream cheese and clean ingredients like coconut milk and coconut sugar, this slice of cheesecake is heaven…and healthy, too! Bring it to a dinner party and everyone will swoon over its chocolate almond crust and peanut butter flavor!
No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- 1 cup almonds with skins
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats gluten-free oats were used in this recipe
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese low-fat, softened
- 15 ounces coconut milk can, whole fat coconut milk works best
- 1 cup peanut butter natural, smooth or crunchy will work
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Note: baking is for the crust only and not the cheesecake.
- Use a double boiler to melt chocolate. Add almonds, oats, and salt to a food processor and pulse until a crumb consistency. Combine in a medium bowl almond mixture, melted chocolate and coconut oil. Retain 1 tablespoon crumbs for later.
- Add crumbs to a 9-inch pie plate. Press crumbs evenly along the bottom and sides. Or, use a springform pan and press crumbs along the bottom and about 1/2-inch up the sides of the pan. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, remove and allow to cool completely.
- Tip - Place plastic wrap over fingers of one hand and press the crumbs in place or use the bottom of a glass.
- Refrigerate the can of coconut milk at least 24 hours before opening. Turn the can upside down and open from the bottom using a can opener. Pour off liquid completely. Retain coconut liquid for smoothies or other recipes. Place solid coconut milk in a medium mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixture on medium-high until thickened, approximately 5-6 minutes. Add cream cheese and coconut sugar and continue beating until sugar is dissolved, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add peanut butter, coconut oil, and vanilla, and beat until incorporated. Pour filling in a cooled crust. Sprinkle filling with the retained crumbs and refrigerate until ready until set, approximately 5-6 hours.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms