Zucchini may have its time to shine, but when it comes to squash, the fall and winter butternut classic reigns supreme. Cranberries, a seasonal favorite, make this honey roasted butternut squash the perfect cold weather side dish. A flavorful combination of sweet and savory, this dish is a unique spin on a classic veggie. Along with a tasty honey and cinnamon flavor, this side also boasts some savory twists! Seasoned with fresh parsley and feta cheese, this is not your typical squash side. Topped with cranberries, this elegant yet homey side dish scores big in both taste and presentation. This dish makes the perfect side for a big holiday dinner, or a regular weeknight meal. Serve with our Pork Sirloin Chops with Apples for a hearty and flavorful dinner for the winter months!
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 192 | Total Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 334mg | Carbohydrates: 37g | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 15g | Protein: 3g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and diced medium
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup fat free feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss together the butternut squash, olive oil, salt and cinnamon. Lay in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Roast for about 25 minutes or just until tender. Remove from oven and sprinkle the cranberries over the squash. Return to the oven and roast for about 10 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with the honey. Sprinkle with feta and parsley. Serve and enjoy.