Reap the weight loss benefits of green tea!
When we think of healthy living, we think of the foods we consume for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and we think of exercise. But we rarely think about the beverages we drink. Ordering up a mocha at your local Starbucks may seem harmless, but there are other ways to enjoy caffeinated beverages without taking in the calories and sugar in many coffee drinks. Trying green teas and herbal teas is a great way to drink your way to good health.
Sencha is a green tea with its origins in Japan, known for its fresh, green, pine scent. Sencha is made by steaming whole tea leaves in hot water, and provides numerous health benefits to those who enjoy it regularly. Because it contains a moderate amount of caffeine, paired with L-theanine, a calming amino acid, you’ll get an infusion of energy, but it will be a kind of focused, sustained energy instead of that jittery rush you sometimes get from too much sugary coffee! It also boosts metabolism and contains chlorophyll, which helps your body to detox, making it a great drink for weight loss.
We combine our five bags of green tea with just one bag of black tea for just a touch more caffeine, and a bolder flavor. Adding peaches provides a natural, nutritious sweetness, and lime adds zest. Mint rounds this drink out with a refreshing, herbal note that makes this tea both comforting and invigorating all at once.
Iced Sencha Tea With Peaches and Lime
- 6 cups water
- 5 teabags of green tea or tea of choice
- 1 teabag of black tea
- 3 peaches organic if available, sliced with the skin on
- 1 lime halved
- 1/8 cup coconut sugar raw or honey, optional (adjust depending on the level of sweetness desired)
- 1/2 mint leaves fresh
- Boil 2 cups of water taken from the 6 cups. Steep all of the teabags in the cup of hot water.
- Cut half of the lime into slices.
- Pour the remaining water in the pitcher. Add the tea, peaches, 1/2 sliced lime, and mint.
- Squeeze the juice of the remaining 1/2 of lime. Stir well.
- Add a lot of ice and serve cold.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Make sure that you subscribe to our daily newsletter, so that you don’t miss out on anything Skinny Ms.