A powerful weapon in the battle against illness
Seasonal changes can bring immune system antagonists into your life. When temperatures fluctuate, germs hang around and compromise your health. Our Immune Booster Turmeric Tea recipe is a powerful weapon in the battle against illness. With five clean, nutritious ingredients, the tasty tea is a cinch to make.
Health Benefits Galore
Dr. Jessie Hawkins, clinical researcher and director of Franklin School of Integrative Health Sciences, shared her thoughts on the health benefits of Turmeric:
Turmeric is one of the most potent anti-inflammatory spices found in the modern kitchen. It is a great addition to recipes, especially for individuals with chronic illness. As a culinary ingredient, it is among the best options available. Turmeric is also a powerful antioxidant. Collectively, these benefits support wellness by promoting heart health. “
This belly-warming beverage delivers a host of health benefits to help you get through cold days. According to experts, curcumin, the pigment that gives turmeric its yellow hue, can benefit cell health by improving membrane functions. When it comes to warding off potential sickness, a pot of this aromatic tea will do the trick!
Immune Booster Turmeric Tea
- 1 1/4 cup water or non-dairy milk (unsweetened almond, coconut, rice, soy, or hemp)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric powder or 1 to 2-inches turmeric root, in slices
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder or 1-inch ginger root, in slices
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon or small cinnamon stick (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon honey raw or real maple syrup, more to taste
- Whisk all ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat. Allow to cook for at least 20 minutes to allow ingredients to infuse and any powdered ingredients to dissolve.
- Tea should be steaming if non-dairy milk is used (do not boil the milk), but brought to a full boil if water is used.
- If making tea with water, allow to cool before drinking. Increase heat at the end of cook time, if higher temperature is desired.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
We asked Dr. Hawkins if there were any other foods or spices with unique health benefits that she wanted to recommend, and one came to mind.
Ginger is also a powerful anti-inflammatory culinary botanical. It also offers anti-fungal benefits and stomach-soothing effects.”
We have several incredible, ginger-rich recipes on the site, including:
- Matcha and Ginger Overnight Breakfast Shake
- Lemon Ginger Detox Drink
- Sesame Kale Salad with Ginger Soy Dressing
What did you think of our Immune Booster Turmeric Tea? Let us know in the comment section!