Seasonal changes can bring immune system antagonists into your life. When temperatures fluctuate, germs hang around and compromise your health. Our Immune Booster Turmeric Tea recipe is a powerful weapon in the battle against illness. With five clean, nutritious ingredients, the tasty tea is a cinch to make.
This belly-warming beverage delivers a host of health benefits to help you get through cold days. According to excerpts, curcumin, the pigment that gives turmeric its yellow hue, can benefit cell health by improving membrane functions. When it comes to warding off potential sickness, a pot of this aromatic tea will do the trick!
Yields: 1 serving | Calories: 43 | Total Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 13mg | Carbohydrates: 11g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Protein: 0g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 2 |
- 1-1/4 cup water or non-dairy milk (unsweetened almond, coconut, rice, soy, or hemp)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons turmeric powder or 1 to 2-inches turmeric root, in slices
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder or 1-inch ginger root, in slices
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon or small cinnamon stick (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon to 1 tablespoon raw honey or real maple syrup
- Whisk all ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat. Allow to cook for at least 20 minutes to allow ingredients to infuse and any powdered ingredients to dissolve.
- Tea should be steaming if nondairy milk is used (do not boil the milk), but brought to a full boil if water is used.
- If making tea with water, allow to cool before drinking. Increase heat at the end of cook time, if higher temperature is desired.
Do you have a favorite tea we haven’t featured yet? Let us know! We need your feedback.