Tasty and low in calories, this soup delivers!
Garlic does more than provide loads of flavor to your favorite dishes; it has plenty of nutritional properties, too! When you enjoy this easy lemon garlic soup, you’re getting antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that will keep your immune system working, and lots of low calorie flavor. White beans help fill you up, while kale provides nutrients. If you want a satisfying soup with tons of flavor, this garlic soup with white beans and kale has you covered.
Lemon Garlic Soup with White Beans and Kale
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion small, diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 bunch kale cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups white beans cooked
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- Heat a large saucepan or Dutch oven to medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and the onions and cook until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the kale and the salt and pepper.
- When the kale is soft, add the stock and beans and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes and stir in the lemon juice and zest. Simmer 5 more minutes, stir in the cheese and serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms