Take your healthy dessert game up a notch.
Take your healthy dessert game up a notch with the SkinnyMs. Lemon Meringue Pie Parfait! It uses egg whites, coconut milk, and Greek yogurt to cut back the calories and fat typically found in lemon meringue pie. The meringue is layered in tall glasses with granola and lemon yogurt, which makes for an attractive presentation. It’s yummy, healthy, and simply gorgeous.
Best of all, it’s great for so many occasions. Make individual servings for a dinner party, and your guests will think it’s professional work! Or, just enjoy them after Sunday dinner. Either way, we know you’ll love this recipe!
Lemon Meringue Pie Parfait
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup honey
- pinch cream of tartar
- pinch kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 14 ounces coconut milk can, cold
- 2 cups lemon Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup granola
- In a double boiler on medium heat, whisk together egg whites, honey, cream of tartar, and salt. Whisk constantly until honey is dissolved and whites are frothy.
- Transfer egg and honey mix to mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer, add vanilla, starting on low and gradually increasing to high. Whip egg until stiff peaks form and egg mix is white and glossy (about 10 minutes).
- Separate coconut fat from coconut liquid. Reserve liquid for another use.
- In clean mixing bowl, place coconut fat and whip until it resembles whipped cream. Carefully fold in lemon yogurt.
- In blender or food processor, add granola. Pulse until granola is a fine crumb.
- Begin to assemble parfait. In tall glass, layer granola, yogurt, and meringue with the last layer being the meringue. Serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Adapted from Bakerita.
What are some desserts you would like to see skinny versions of? Let us know in the comments!