Dive into this decadent dessert for breakfast that'll get you energized for your day.
Dessert for breakfast? That sounds like a dream. Well, with this Morning Banana Split that dream can come true! This unique twist tastes great but feels even better. Made with 100% natural and wholesome ingredients, there isn’t a single bite of this dish that you will regret eating. In place of ice cream, this recipe incorporates protein-packed Greek yogurt. This healthy alternative is so much better for your digestive system and goes just as well as ice cream with a variety of toppings. Some fun toppings that you could include in your split are strawberries, pineapples, and peanuts. If you want to really seal the deal on a flavor explosion in each bite, mix your yogurt with a sprinkle of cocoa powder and a drizzle of honey. You might even end up eating it for dessert!
Morning Banana Split
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt plain, divided
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup strawberries fresh, sliced
- 1/4 cup pineapple fresh, crushed
- 1 tablespoon peanuts chopped
- Split the banana in half lengthwise and place cut side up in a bowl to create a boat. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the yogurt, and place the remainder in a straight line down the center of the banana boat.
- Combine the reserved 1 tablespoon of yogurt with cocoa powder and honey. Using a fork, mix well until no lumps of cocoa powder remain. Add strawberries, pineapple, and peanuts and drizzle over yogurt and fruit-filled banana boat.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
How do you like to make a sweet breakfast even healthier? Let us know in the comments below!