Who can resist indulging in rich, creamy cheesecake? Healthy eating habits usually don’t allow this tasty treat. Thankfully, you won’t have to turn down our No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake recipe! The homemade crust uses oats and almonds, while the filling contains a combination of cream cheese, coconut milk, and natural peanut butter. Unrefined coconut sugar adds sweetness, while chilled coconut milk and chocolate chips top it off for a decadent finish.
The silky texture and rich flavor of this no-bake cheesecake will feel like an indulgence, but you can rest easy knowing you’re getting plenty of quality protein and healthy fats without the refined sugar found in standard cheesecakes. So go ahead and enjoy sans guilt!
Yields: 16 servings | Calories: 416 | Total Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 74mg | Carbohydrates: 37g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 25g | Protein: 9g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 18
- 1 cup almonds with skins
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats (gluten-free oats was used in this recipe)
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 ounces dark chocolate, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 8.5 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 can coconut milk, we used Native Forest, refrigerate can 8-24 hours
- 1 cup natural peanut butter, smooth or crunchy will work
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can coconut milk (refrigerate can overnight) We love Native Forest
- 2 cups chocolate chips, we used Enjoy Life
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Note: baking is for the crust only and not the cheesecake.
- Use a double boiler to melt chocolate. Add almonds, oats, and salt to a food processor and pulse until a crumbly consistency. Combine in a medium bowl almond mixture, melted chocolate, and coconut oil. Retain 1 tablespoon crumbs for later.
- Add crumbs to a 9-inch pie plate. Press crumbs evenly along the bottom and sides, or use a springform pan and press crumbs along the bottom and about 1/2-inch up the sides of the pan. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, remove, and allow to cool completely.
- Tip - Place plastic wrap over fingers of one hand and press the crumbs in place or use the bottom of a glass.
- Add canned coconut milk to a medium mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixture on medium-high until thickened, approximately 5-6 minutes. Add cream cheese and coconut sugar and continue beating until sugar is dissolved, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add peanut butter, coconut oil, and vanilla, and beat just until incorporated. Pour filling in a cooled crust and refrigerate until set, approximately 5-6 hours.
- Add chilled coconut milk, chocolate chips, and coconut sugar to a medium saucepan. Heat over low heat until all of the chocolate chips are melted and coconut sugar is dissolved. Stir to combine and add vanilla. Remove from heat and allow to cool at room temperature. Pour topping over chilled pie filling and refrigerate until chocolate is set, approximately 2 hours.
Tried it and loved it? We’d love your feedback! Let us know in the comments section how it turned out!