Smoothies are a nutritious, clean way to start your day, but some people prefer eating their breakfast to drinking it. If you are one of those people, then this mango smoothie parfait is for you! It’s part smoothie, part parfait, so you get the benefits of a smoothie in a more substantial form. Granola and nuts add crunch, protein, and healthy fats, while berries and fiber add antioxidants. You can add honey if you want some extra sweetness. You’ll be so excited for breakfast that you’ll get up before your alarm!
Yields: 4 servings | Calories: 340 | Total Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 48mg | Carbohydrates: 35g | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 21g | Protein: 12g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 13
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mango, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup of your favorite granola
- 1/4 cup pecans or any other nut such as almonds or walnuts
- In a blender or food processor, combine frozen mango, lemon zest, Greek yogurt, coconut milk, and honey (if using). Blend until smooth - the smoothie should be thick. If it is too thick for your liking or to blend add additional coconut milk.
- Pour the mango smoothie into a tall serving glass, filling 1/4 full. Layer a portion of the strawberries, blueberries, granola, and pecans. Reserve the remainder. Pour more of the mango smoothie on top of the fruit until the glass is about 3/4 full. Top with remaining strawberries, blueberries, granola, and pecans. Serve and enjoy!