Burn fat and gain confidence in your workout skills from the comfort of your own home.
If you’re just starting to get into your fitness rhythm, heading to the gym for the first time may seem frightening. I get it: Throughout the years, anytime I’ve joined a new gym, I’ve been uncomfortable stepping in the for the first time. I get uneasy not knowing where anything is and having that confused look on my face. It doesn’t feel like home yet! If you’re heading to the gym for the first time ever, there’s plenty of reason to get started with the journey at home. That’s why we created this no-gym beginner’s fat-blasting workout to burn fat, build muscle, and start boosting your confidence from the comfort of your own home.
Since this an at-home workout, you won’t need much. But, to start off on the right path, you’re going to want a set of light dumbbells (5-10 pounds are ideal). Complete this fat-blasting workout three times a week to get your body gym-ready.
No-Gym Beginner’s Fat-Blasting Workout
Perform each exercise for 30 seconds as fast as you can, but don’t compromise speed for form. Be sure to breathe on each part of each exercise that exerts muscle. For example, inhale when you go down for a pushup and exhale on the way up. Enjoy 15 seconds of rest to help you transition and complete four rounds total.
- Modified Pushups: Pushups are a workout standard. You can also start with your hands on a chair and work your way down to the modified versions on your knee.
- Jog In Place: These are a fun total-body exercise to get your heart rate jumping.
- Bicep Curl to Shoulder Press: A two-part exercise that builds better arms.
- Leg Lifts: A fun, lower ab exercise that burns. Make sure your heels don’t touch the ground to keep your abs engaged.
- Dumbbell Squat with Shoulder Press: This two-move exercise is perfect gets your legs moving and bring back the should press. Your triceps are a major muscle in a lot of exercises, so building them is important.
- Bicycle: The perfect full ab workout that helps burn fat and tone.
Before you start this beginner’s workout, take our at-home fitness assessment test to see where your body currently is and to help set future goals.
Jog In Place
Bicep Curl to Shoulder Press
Dumbbell Squat with Shoulder Press
Every two days, switch the sequences of this beginner’s workout around. This keeps your muscles guessing to support growth and blast fat. It also makes the workouts more challenging. Once you’ve had a nice mix of workouts over the course of four weeks, jump into our Workout Challenge for Beginners.