Made with ingredients you can feel good about.
Stop reaching for those store-bought “granola bars” when you need an energy-boost. Not only do they often include ingredients that you’ll have trouble pronouncing, they’re also often loaded with refined sugars, following up a short energy-boost with an energy-crash and burn. Thankfully, there’s a much better option.
Oat and Fruit Chocolate Chip Granola Bars are a healthy granola bar recipe made with only 100% clean ingredients– ingredients you can feel about putting into your body or packing in little Johnny’s lunchbox. And, they taste great, too! Simply make this clean eating energy snack ahead of time and grab one for the road. No more excuses.
This recipe is plant-based and full of deliciously healthy ingredients.
Oat & Fruit Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- 1/2 cup almonds raw, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds hulled, unsalted
- 1 cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- 2 cups rolled oats aka old-fashioned
- 1/2 teaspoon salt divided
- 1/3 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2/3 cup maple syrup or agave
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried apricots coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips vegan chips were used
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8 x 12-inch baking pan with parchment paper and grease the paper with coconut oil or cooking spray.
- Mix the almonds, sunflower seeds, coconut, oats, and 1/4 teaspoon salt together. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the dry ingredients (besides the coconut sugar) in an even layer. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes, stirring halfway through and rotating pan, to ensure all ingredients cook evenly and achieve some golden color.
- Pour ingredients into a bowl and stir in the wheat germ. Place coconut sugar, coconut oil, syrup, vanilla, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a saucepan over medium heat and whisk until fully combined, about two minutes. Pour over dry, toasted ingredients in the bowl and stir to combine. Stir in the cranberries and apricots. Allow to cool slightly, for 4 to 5 minutes, and gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and flatten to make even. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden. Allow to cool for at least 2 hours before cutting into bars or squares.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms