The key to toned legs and glutes!
When it comes to a tight tush, there’s one move that can totally transform: the deadlift. Out of hundreds of glute exercises, deadlifts are the number one move to tighten glutes. Deadlifts use all of the major muscles that create tight glutes – the hamstrings, quadriceps, glutes, back, and more. You can use a variety of equipment: dumbbells, a barbell, or a kettlebell. Deadlifts sometimes have a bad reputation – some think that they will create bulky muscles. But, with our tips, you will be lifting like a pro and will have perfectly toned, tight glutes without the bulk!
Try our 7 Day Summer Butt Challenge to always have a bikini ready booty.
Correct form is key when it comes to the deadlift exercise. Because you are working so many muscles at the same time, there are some key points to keep in mind. Following tips below on proper form will help you perform the exercise while getting the greatest benefit.
Beginner Level: Perform one set of 12 deadlifts. Begin with 5 pound dumbbells or use bodyweight. It’s important for beginners to develop correct form before increasing the amount of weight.
Intermediate Level: Perform two sets of 12 deadlifts. Use dumbbells ranging in weight from 10 to 15 pounds.
Advanced Level: Perform three to four sets of 12 deadlifts. Use dumbbells or a barbell that you can comfortably lift while maintaining correct form.
Equipment Needed: One set of dumbbells or one barbell, depending on fitness level.
Review the video below for a visual demonstration of the deadlift.
What to Do:
1. Begin by holding two dumbbells in front of your body and slightly off to the side.
2. While keeping your back flat, shoulders pulled back, and chin up, squat down while maintaining a straight back.
3. Return to the standing position and squeeze the glutes on the way up.
4. Repeat the appropriate number of reps and sets for your fitness level.
– Keep knees soft, just slightly bent.
– Position feet slightly wider than shoulder width, knees slightly pointed outward.
– Body weight is on the heels.
– Do not to round the back when bending forward.
– Keep elbows straight and core tight throughout the movement.
– Find a spot straight ahead and keep eyes glued to the spot throughout the movement.
Can some legs to match your new booty. Check out our Fat Burning & Leg Workout Challenge.
Check out more workouts like this one on the Skinny Ms. Facebook page! Follow us on Pinterest to see all of the latest workouts and recipes, too! You can also sign up to receive updates straight to your inbox with the Skinny Ms. eNewsletter.