An easy, sweet and savory roasted chicken dinner!
When I think sweet and savory, honey roasted chicken is one of the first things that comes to mind. This One Pan Honey Roasted Chicken and Carrots recipe take that sweet and savory flavor combo one step further, adding a side dish of perfectly paired carrots and dried fruit.
Growing up, eating family dinner together was non-negotiable. In a family with two working parents and two kids who always asked for seconds when it came to extracurriculars, family dinner wasn’t always easy to pencil in. But luckily, my mom was adamant. We’d wait to eat till 8 PM if we had to.
We almost always avoided takeout, but on those busiest of busy nights, even my mom was sometimes guilty of going store-bought. The typical busy night meal was a rotisserie chicken plucked from the grocery store and a tub of mashed potatoes.
Of course, desperate times call for desperate measures, but those store-bought meals are never the best way to go. Loaded with extra sodium, it’s always best to stay away from pre-made food if you can.
I like to think of this easy One Pan Honey Roasted Chicken and Carrots meal as the homemade version of those store-bought rotisserie chickens. This recipe is super easy, fairly quick, and uses mostly ingredients you probably already have on hand. It’s a great recipe for those busy weeknights when you still want all the benefits of a home-cooked meal.
My favorite part about one pan recipes? My side dish comes already included! When it comes to meal prep and planning, figuring out the perfect sides is always the hardest part for me. One pan recipes take care of that for me, meaning I have one less thing to worry about on a busy night.
I love the roasted carrot side dish in this recipe. I’ve never been a huge fan of cooked carrots, but roasted in this recipe is a whole different story. This recipe roasts carrots in delicious honey and spices. It’s a simple but unique side that really complements the chicken.
Roasted in honey and warm, flavorful spices like cinnamon and cumin, this chicken is the best of sweet and savory. Sprinkled with fresh thyme, this recipe uses simple ingredients that pack a flavorful punch.
This easy One Pan Honey Roasted Chicken and Carrots recipe is a must for busy weeknights. Late night? No need to run to the store or call for takeout. This one-pan recipe makes quick and clean homemade cooking easy.
One-Pan Honey Roasted Chicken and Carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 pound whole carrots cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 cup cran-raisins
- 24 to 32 ounces boneless and skinless chicken breasts 4 pieces
- 1 tablespoon thyme fresh
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, cumin, cinnamon, and garlic powder.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of honey, half of the spice mixture, cran-raisins, and the carrots. Toss to coat the carrots in the spices. Spread the mixture on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Loosely cover the carrots with foil and bake for 10 minutes.
- While the carrots cook, coat the chicken breast in the remaining olive oil, remaining honey, and remaining spice mixture. Remove the carrots from the oven and remove the foil. Move the carrots to one side of the pan and place the chicken on the second half. Bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken is firm and cooked through and carrots are soft.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh thyme. Serve and enjoy
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy and clean weeknight recipes!