A hearty and flavorful, well-rounded weeknight meal.
When it comes to cooking dinner, what’s better than an easy meal? How about an easy meal that is good for you, too! Our warm and hearty, one-pan roasted chicken and veggies dinner makes the perfect weeknight meal. It’s ready in under an hour (most of which is cook time), so this delicious dish will be on the table before you know it and ready for the family to enjoy.
Well-Rounded and Full of Flavor
In addition to its weeknight-dinner-saving simplicity, this one-pan roasted chicken and veggies dinner is also a super healthy way to end the day. Along with protein-rich chicken, this dinner also packs in super-healthy fruits and veggies. Sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, apples, and red onion cook alongside the chicken, creating a meal that’s hearty, healthy, and flavorful.
Each serving of this satisfying dinner contains 346 calories, with 25 grams of muscle-building protein. Each serving also offers a hefty 9 grams of fiber as well as a healthy dose of “good” fats!
All-In-One Dinner Option
What makes this dish extra special? The fact that it’s an all-in-one dinner option! What does that mean exactly? Rather than wasting time cooking a main course and side separately, this easy meal lets you do it all together. Furthermore, cooking the chicken and veggies in one-pan gives this whole meal a savory flavor boost. It’s extra yummy on a cool, crisp evening!
How to Make this One-Pan Roasted Chicken and Veggies Dinner
While the oven is preheating, combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, thyme, sage, rosemary, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
Add the chicken to the bowl and turn to coat each chicken breast in the herb mixture. Set the chicken breasts aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, place the sweet potato, Brussels sprouts, apples, and red onion on a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle the fruit and veggies with the remaining olive oil and toss them lightly to coat them in oil. Spread them back into an even layer and place the seasoned chicken on top of the fruit and vegetable mixture.
Bake at 450 degrees Fahrenheit until the chicken and veggies are golden brown, about 30 minutes. If you like your chicken to be a little crispy on top, change the temperature of the oven to a high broil and broil for the last five minutes.
One-Pan Roasted Chicken And Veggies Dinner
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 tablespoon dark balsamic vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon thyme fresh, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sage fresh, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary fresh, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 sweet potato large, peeled and chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 1 pound brussels sprouts sliced into quarters
- 2 apples fuji or gala, cored and sliced into thick half moons
- 1 red onion large, cut into thick strips
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Mix 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and thyme, sage, rosemary, and salt into a large mixing bowl. Add chicken, turn to coat in the herb mixture and set aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place sweet potato, Brussels sprouts, apples and red onion on a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with remaining olive oil then toss to lightly coat the vegetables in the oil. Spread into an even layer and place the chicken on top of the vegetables. Bake until chicken and veggies are golden brown, about 30 minutes. If desired, change the temperature of the oven to a high broil and broil for the last 5 minutes to create a crispy top on the chicken. Serve immediately.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Have you tried our tasty one-pan roasted chicken and veggies dinner yet? When you do, be sure to let us know what you thought in the comment section below!
Do you love delicious and nutritious one-pan and one-pot meals? If so, we have plenty more where that came from! Check out some of these options for tomorrow night’s dinner!
- One Pan Broccoli, Sweet Potato, and Chicken Dinner
- Skillet Balsamic Glazed Chicken and Potatoes
- One-Pot Pizza Pasta
- One-Pan Rustic-Style Italian Chicken
Remember to like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest to get notified when we publish a new recipe!
Editor’s Note: This recipe was originally published on October 17, 2017.
Very easy and tasty. The only thing we would change is to reduce the oven temp as the chicken came out a bit dry. Will make again!