This Skillet Balsamic Glazed Chicken and Potatoes recipe is the perfect one-pot dinner. I’ve always been a huge fan of one-pot recipes, especially when it comes to weeknight meals. They let you cook an entire meal in a single pan. No need to worry about planning or prepping side dishes! You’ll also save a ton of time and energy when you’re cooking and cleaning. With simple recipes like this Skillet Balsamic Glazed Chicken and Potatoes, you can have a full meal on the table in less than an hour.
The Many Benefits of One-Pot Cooking
My least favorite part of cooking isn’t actually cooking at all. It’s the part that comes before that: figuring out what to make. Nothing’s worse than coming home from a long day of work and realizing you haven’t even thought about dinner. In these moments, it’s all too tempting to reach for a takeout menu. That’s where one-pot meals come in handy! These simple recipes give you a complete, healthy meal with very little planning (and even fewer dishes).
In addition to being quick and easy to make, I absolutely love the flavors in this dish! Savory balsamic glazed chicken is paired with tender roasted potatoes, all cooking together in a single pan. You’ll get plenty of protein in a delicious, filling, low-calorie dinner. It’s definitely a worthy weeknight go-to recipe!
Fire Up the Skillet
The key to this recipe is using an oven-safe skillet. This handy kitchen staple allows you to take the meal from the stovetop to the oven, which is exactly what you’ll be doing here.
This recipe starts with a sweet and savory marinade. After marinating the chicken breasts in balsamic vinegar, honey, mustard, and cayenne pepper, you’ll sear them in a hot skillet with a touch of olive oil. Toss in the potatoes and rosemary and drizzle the whole thing with the remaining vinegar. Then, remove the skillet from the heat and put it into a preheated oven, where the whole meal will roast to perfection for another twenty minutes.
The finished product? Delicious, savory balsamic chicken and tender, rosemary-scented roasted potatoes, all created in a single pan.
Skillet Balsamic Glazed Chicken and Potatoes | One-Pot Recipes
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 6 ounce boneless and skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups red potatoes quartered
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the vinegar, honey, whole grain mustard, Dijon mustard, garlic, and cayenne pepper. Split the mixture in half. Add the chicken breast to one half of the liquid and marinate for 30 minutes.
- After the chicken has marinated, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large oven safe skillet. Remove the chicken form the marinated (discard remaining marinade from the chicken) and add the chicken to the hot oil and sear on each side.
- Meanwhile, toss the potatoes with the remaining oil and rosemary. Add to the large skillet with the seared chicken, drizzle the reserved half of the balsamic vinegar mixture over top, and remove the skillet form the heat and place in the oven. Cook for 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, stir, and cook for 10 more minutes or until potatoes are tender.