This carrot cake is so delicious!
Carrot Cake made with superfood goodness! This recipe is packed with superfoods like carrots, coconut oil, yogurt, whole grains and walnuts.
Orange Glazed Carrot Cake
Carrot Cake Ingredients
- 2/3 cup coconut oil melted, unrefined
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup molasses mild flavored
- 1/3 cup Greek yougrt plain, fat-free
- 2 eggs large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cups carrots shredded
- 1 cup walnuts toasted, coarsely chopped
Orange Glaze Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice no sugar added
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
Carrot Cake Instructions
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place walnuts on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Set aside toasted walnuts while preparing the cake batter. In a medium mixing bowl whisk together flour, soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger and walnuts. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together oil, honey and molasses on medium speed. Add yogurt, eggs and vanilla, mix until well combined, about 2 minute. Add dry ingredients to wet mixture and continue beating on medium speed until combined, scrap the bowl while mixing. Stir in carrots. Pour batter into well greased and floured Bundt cake pan.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool about 30 minutes. Invert onto cake plate and continue cooling.
Orange Glaze Instructions
- Combine cornstarch and salt in a medium saucepan. Slowly stir in juices and honey, stir until smooth. Add orange zest and cook over medium heat until thick and glossy. Cool and drizzle over cake. Garnish with shavings of orange peel if desired.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms