Paleo chicken salad is a perfect as a snack, lunch, or even dinner! This recipe is simple, straight-forward and will allow you to stick to your Paleo lifestyle.
Proponents of the Paleo diet suggest that our bodies are genetically programmed to thrive on a diet high in meats and fresh vegetables and fruits – all foods that were hunted and gathered during the Paleolithic era.
Cutting out modern processed foods and grains that cause diseases such as type 2 diabetes and heart disease, and returning to a caveman diet, may help improve overall health and athletic performance.
Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 cup | Calories: 181 | Total Fat: 15 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 40 mg | Sodium: 161 mg | Carbohydrates: 4 g | Dietary Fiber: 0 g | Sugars: 1 g | Protein: 8 g | SmartPoints: 6
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 cup homemade or organic mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped cashew halves and pieces, toasted
- 2 medium cucumbers, sliced
- Remove breast, thigh, and leg meat from chicken; discard bones.
- Chop meat into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine chopped chicken, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; toss well to coat.
- Stir in basil and cashews.
- Serve with cucumber slices.