Stay Paleo with this versatile chicken salad!
Paleo chicken salad is a perfect as a snack, lunch, or even dinner! This recipe is simple, straight-forward and will allow you to stick to your Paleo lifestyle.
Proponents of the Paleo diet suggest that our bodies are genetically programmed to thrive on a diet high in meats and fresh vegetables and fruits – all foods that were hunted and gathered during the Paleolithic era.
Cutting out modern processed foods and grains that cause diseases such as type 2 diabetes and heart disease, and returning to a caveman diet, may help improve overall health and athletic performance.
Paleo Basil Cashew Chicken Salad
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise homemade or organic
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup basil fresh, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cashew halves and pieces toasted, chopped
- 2 cucumbers medium, sliced
- Remove breast, thigh, and leg meat from chicken; discard bones.
- Chop meat into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine chopped chicken, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; toss well to coat.
- Stir in basil and cashews.
- Serve with cucumber slices.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms