Warm breakfast the healthy way.
Shredded potatoes get a punch of flavor from savory grated cheese in this Parmesan hash browns recipe. It comes together easily for a morning breakfast and is healthier and tastier than anything you can buy in the freezer aisle at your grocery store. Don’t skip the step of salting your potatoes; that’s what gives you the crispy browned crust and delicious flavor.
Parmesan Hash Browns Recipe
- 2 russet potatoes medium
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parsley fresh, chopped
- Coarsely grate the potatoes on a box grater or in a food processor. Sprinkle with salt, toss lightly, and transfer to a fine-mesh strainer over a bowl. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Using a wooden spoon or spatula, press as much water out of the potatoes as you can and transfer to a bowl. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and toss lightly with a fork.
- Heat a large cast-iron or stainless steel skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add the olive oil, and then add the potatoes in an even layer. Allow to cook without stirring for several minutes. Using a spatula, check that the bottom is browned. When golden brown, flip and continue cooking until the other side is well browned.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.