Strawberry season is here, and these berries aren’t just for desserts and fruit salad. Fresh strawberries, balsamic vinegar and rosemary create a fruity, fresh sauce for these clean eating pork chops, making this dish special enough for entertaining but quick and easy enough for a weeknight meal.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 chop | Calories: 244 | Total Fat: 9 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 67 mg | Sodium: 159 mg | Carbohydrates: 15 g | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 12 g | Protein: 25 g | SmartPoints: 7
- 6 (4 ounce) boneless, center cut pork loin chops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Rub with garlic and rosemary.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add half pork chops to pan; cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from skillet and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and pork chops.
- Add strawberries, vinegar, and honey to skillet. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Place one pork chop on each of 6 plates; top evenly with strawberry mixture.